Sunday, July 17, 2011

4 weeks later...

Wowza! The past four weeks have seriously been a blur. The annual studio recital came and went...everything went wonderfully for the weekend. All dances went well and dancers performed beautifully. As stressful as it is to dance and be in charge at the same time, I'm going to miss it next year when I'm only the teacher backstage and not the dancer on stage.

We spent a few rehearsals preparing for nationals and off we went to Florida on July 2nd. I have to say that for our first trip to nationals, the team did very well! All three dances we competed received gold awards for adjudication, the second highest we can get. Two out of three dances received a special judge's award as special acknowledgement for the day. And our production got 8th place out of all the production and extended dances in the 13 and above age divisiion. Not too shabby! Charles and I feel like we have a hand on what we need to work on this year in order to make nationals next year even more successful. We have to represent well since it's in Anaheim after all!

A few days before we left for nationals, I started spotting. I thought by some miracle my body had started working properly and AF would come. No such luck! It was literally just annoying...enough to be inconvenient, not enough to mean anything. So here we go again on the progesterone roller coaster. I'm now on day 9 of taking it and so far so good...I've been able to control any outbursts of emotional turmoil, except for the night we flew back to Cali (that's a whole other blog entry in itself, but I'll save you the drama and novel).

So AF should show up any day now and I'm looking forward to seeing what this cycle holds...taking 100mg of clomid now. I've seen a definite difference in my temps this past cycle so I know something is working, or changing at least, with the meds. I'd like to say I'm hopeful, but I think now I'm just trying to keep my mind off everything. I feel like if I get my hopes up too much and think about it too much, it won't happen. I have to expect for things to go as they've gone and be pleasantly surprised when they do in fact finally work out.

On a completely different note, I went to see the final installment of the Harry Potter series tonight. OMG, I cannot believe the series is over! It makes ne want to cry because I love these movies so much and am going to miss seeing what happens next at Hogwarts. Guess I'll just have to keep re-reading the books...a bittersweet farewell to Harry, Ron, and Hermione!

No comments:

Post a Comment