Wednesday, May 11, 2011

First post

I've been wanting to start a blog for a while now...really just to keep track of my very hectic life. I know, I know...everyone is busy. I hate to toot my own horn, but sometimes I don't know how I do it! Like I literally sit sometimes and wonder what it'd be like to have a "normal" life. To give some of you the idea...I work from 9am-1pm at a local optometry office during the week, with Wednesdays off. I also teach at a local dance studio from 4 or 5pm until 9pm Monday through Thursdays, and from 9am to 2pm on Saturdays. I also co-direct the studios dance team which rehearses on Fridays from 5 to 8pm, and Saturdays from 330 to 630pm. Somewhere in between all that work, I have to find time to do the bookkeeping for the team and choreograph for my classes, find time to sleep, and spend some sort of time with Eric. Phew! I'm exhausted just listing it all out.

Needless to say this blog will not be one with posts every day. It is simply a release for me...so that when I have no one else to talk to on the rare chance I do have a minute, or I just need to jot a few things down so I don't lose track of my life...I can.

So here goes...

We've been actively trying to start our family since January. It hasn't been the easiest because if you know me at all, you know I consume myself with things when I want them badly enough. It's been a challenge seeing and hearing about everyone else's pregnancies around me (lord help me on facebook!), but I've managed to to stay pretty calm and collected over the last 4 (!!! holy cow, where did the time go?) months. Unfortunately, my thoughts and knowledge of my body were true, and in those 4 months, nothing has happened. That's right...no AF, no egg, just nothing. So on to the doc we went...

We met with our OB last Friday. She is super great and says it like it is, but without being rudely blunt or anything. Plan of attack is to take Provera for 10 days, then start on 50mg of Clomid. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I am really looking forward to seeing AF, and getting out of this cycle! I'm anxious to take the clomid and see if it actually works...it would be so nice to feel normal for once. If in a few months, there is still...nothing...we will go from there.

I don't want to be naive or anything, but in my gut, I feel like this will work...that the clomid is just the nudge my body needs to act normal. People always say to trust your gut, right? So we will see...for now all I can do is hope, and stay busy like I always am to keep my mind off that part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment