Monday, October 10, 2011

We're on pause

The last two weeks have been frustrating. We went to see the fertility specialist and she seemed to have some hope in this cycle because of my temps. We did some blood work...only to find out my thyroid levels are out of whack again! So not only am I not pg, but now we can't do anything about getting pg because my thyroid is all messed up. I mean, I've been dealing with this for years, so I'm really not surprised, but it's never affected me in any way. Now, this is affecting me! I'm taking my new dosage of medicine and have to wait 6 weeks for a blood test to see if my levels are good. If they aren't, then it's another dosage and another 6 weeks of waiting around. Do I sound bitter? Hmm, think so!

In the meantime, I'm really trying to buckle down and lose a few pounds. I've stopped taking the advocare vitamins for now because the doc is afraid it's affecting my thyroid medicine absorption. So now it's really up to diet and exercise...ugh. I've also made an appointment with the acupuncturist I talked about. My first appointment is Sunday and I'm a little nervous. I have no idea what to expect, except that they put neeedles in you. Sounds like fun. Whatever, at this point if it helps my body work right, I'm pretty much willing to try anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment