How far along-30 weeks today. We're 3/4 of the way through! Hard to believe that there's only 10 weeks (or so) left before we get to meet baby girl:)
Weight Gain-Up another pound and a half this week...definitely into the weight gain part of pregnancy. That puts my total weight gain up to just under 20 lbs, I think. It sounds like a lot when I type it out, but everyone says I look good, so I'm hoping they're not lying to me:) I don't feel super huge or anything yet...let's see how big I get in the next 10 weeks though...
Baby Size-Bean is the size of a cucumber this week. That's a little confusing to me because I picture this long and thin baby, but I think they're just comparing the length. She should weigh about 3 lbs and measure out to be about 17 inches in length. That's a pretty long cucumber! She's only got a few more inches to grow and weighs about half of what she will weigh when she's born (here's hoping).
Movement-Good, good, good! I've been doing baby girl's kick counts every night. She's a mover and a shaker at this point...probably running out of room in my belly. Most of the time, she just gives me a little punch or kick, but every once in a while, it's a sharp jab! I can tell when she kicks my bladder...which she's been doing more and more of. She also does this weird thing every now and then where it's like a twittering feeling across my low abdomen, like a spasm of sorts. Feels weird, but it makes me laugh:) I'm trying to figure out when she's moving most during the day because I've read that's when baby will be most active outside of my belly...trying to get prepared. At least so far, she doesn't seem to move a lot while I'm actually sleeping:)
Sleep-Still good, still getting up a couple times a night to go to the bathroom. I notice I'm starting to get a little more uncomfortable in certain positions...like I can only lay on one side at a time without standing up in between switching sides. It's almost like baby sits into one side and then doesn't want to move to the other if I roll over. Might be time to start using a pillow between my legs again...
Feeling-We've finished our 2nd week of childbirth class and took a breastfeeding class tonight. I'm feeling much more informed about the whole process of giving birth, but am still a bit anxious/overwhelmed with the whole pain management thing. I'm hoping that when the time comes, my body will do what it needs to do, and I'm able to make decisions to help deliver a happy and healthy baby safely. I'm also anxious about baby girl's gender...I mean our ultrasound tech said it was a girl, but only 80% sure. When we asked our doctor about the percentage rate, she was like 80% for the techs is basically like 100%, so we're having a girl. BUT...the umbilical cord was hanging between her legs, so what if??? I'm such a planner...I would just hate to be so prepared for a girl with everything being pink and then, surprise, it's a boy! I know there's really nothing I can do about this, and baby will be loved either way of course...I'm just so getting used to saying she, she, she and see pink, pink, pink. I would just like to be prepared either way. Hopefully at our 3d/4d ultrasound in September, we can get confirmation and be much more sure of things.
What I miss-Not too much at this point...I've gotten so used to getting up at night for bathroom runs, i don't even remember what it's like to sleep through the night. I miss some of my regular clothes. I don't mind the maternity clothes that I have because I bought stuff that was traditional with what I would wear on a normal day, but sometimes I feel like I wear the same thing over and over. I don't want to spend too much more money on clothes since we're most of the way through now. Just can't wait to get some variety back in the mix!
What I am looking forward to-Our hospital tour on Saturday during our last childbirth class. I'm looking forward to learning what our experience might be like when baby finally gets here, and figuring out where to go doesn't hurt. I'm also looking forward to the first baby shower (out of 3!!) being thrown for me on Sunday. Can't wait to celebrate with all my Dynamics girls and parents!
Milestone/Best moment this week-This one has nothing to do with baby actually...Eric's birthday was yesterday. It was nice to celebrate him for a while, even though he isn't really looking forward to getting older;)
To Do-Get a dress to wear to Trisha's wedding ASAP! Start talking about our birth plan, pre-register with the hospital, pick a pediatrician...take naps! Read my baby book!
Food Cravings/Aversions-Nothing new here...
Bonus-Countdown to Bean's arrival...2 months and 9 days OR 10 weeks OR 69 days!

No comments:
Post a Comment