Sunday, January 8, 2012

Visit with baby Avery

Today we went to visit baby Avery and her mommy and daddy, Kindra and Kevin (Eric's cousin and wife). She is about a week and a half old and is just so cute! Pretty calm for the most part, except when she's hungry. Kindra was telling me about how the birth went...something to look forward to for when Eric and I have kids, and about how exhausted she's feeling right now. I don't know how I would be on no more than two hours of sleep at a time, but she looks so in love with her little one, I can't wait to be there.

Kindra did an awesome job painting the nursery...a lavender purple and light green motif, with stripes on one wall. Being that she's an artist, of course I knew it would be cute. I definitely know who to call when it's time to decorate our nursery.

It was pretty hard seeing Kevin and Kindra be all googly over Avery. Cute, but hard. I so want that to be me and Eric...and soon. I know there are more struggles ahead too. I can only imagine how seeing my friend, Christie, with her baby at the end of March is going to make me feel. I wish I didn't feel envious, but I can't help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment