How far along-A little late this week again...20 weeks, and 1 day along. We're over halfway through the pregnancy now...let the countdown begin!
Weight Gain-Still doing well...didn't gain any weight this week. Total weight gain thus far is 8.8 lbs.
Baby Size-About 6 1/2 inches and about 10 oz....we've almost made it to a full pound! Baby is roughly the size of a banana.
Movement-Huge milestone this week! Saturday between dance classes and Dynamics rehearsal, just sitting around eating lunch, I felt baby kick! I was all by myself and had no one to share it with, but I'm almost positive it was a baby kick. Felt a couple more kicks, then nothing for the rest of the day. The kicks didn't really feel like much, so it's possible I felt something before, but maybe they just weren't strong enough yet. It was kind of like someone flicking the inside of my uterus with their finger...but lightly. I was actually surprised as how active baby was for the rest of the weekend and into Monday.
Sleep-Still fine here...
Feeling-Really stressed, but not because of baby. There is so much going on right now with Dynamics, studio stuff, and morning work. I honestly just feel overwhelmed...there is too much on my plate right now. Hopefully after a successful show this weekend, things should calm down. I just can't wait to get going with baby stuff...finish planning the nursery, get all the furniture set, etc. I haven't had time to really enjoy being pregnant...so I can't wait for after nationals when I just get to breathe and enjoy!
What I miss-sandwiches again...I'm in a food rut. I just want to be able to eat a turkey and avocado sandwich again...or have tuna more than once a week. It would make what to eat sooo much easier.
What I am looking forward to-Nothing baby related this time around...our Dynamics show! The team show is this weekend and it's sure to be fabulous...just hope we have a good size audience!
Milestone/Best moment this week-There are two wonderful milestones...1. Feeling baby kick for the first time as I mentioned above....and 2. we had our anatomy scan last friday and found out A. everything with baby is growing as it should and measuring pretty much right on track, and B. We are having a baby GIRL! Bring on the pink! The ultrasound technician said he was 80% positive because the umbilical cord was hanging a little in the way...but there was no sign of any male genitalia, and these 3 lines they look for when it's a girl were present. So...looks like we'll have to find a fabulous girl name! I'm pretty set on the middle name already, so hopefully we can find a first name that goes well with the middle one I have picked out:)
To Do-Register for baby items, buy glider/rocker, buy rest of nursery furniture...and try not to overspend!
Food Cravings/Aversions-The McDonald's fries are killing me lately! I can't seem to get enough! And their hot fudge sundaes...tell me how I haven't gained 20 lbs already?!?
Bonus-Since we're halfway through, I thought I'd do a comparison of photos taken at 4 weeks and 20 weeks. (pictures from our anatomy scan will be next week's bonus:))
| 4 weeks |
| 20 weeks |
| 4 weeks |
| 20 weeks |

No comments:
Post a Comment