How far along-Another late post here...32 weeks and 1 day along. Less than two months/8 weeks to go!
Weight Gain-hehe...I must admit, I was a little surprised by the scale today. I know the past week, I've pretty much eaten junk and eaten out almost every meal. I was hoping with all the walking we did at the aquarium this past weekend, I'd be good...not so much:) I have now gained over 22 lbs...let's just call it all baby weight. Here's hoping over the next 8 weeks, the weight evens out...although even gaining a pound a week would put me at 30 lbs...still pretty good, I think.
Baby Size-Bean is the size of a squash this week...not to be confused with an acorn squash a few weeks ago. She weighs just about 4 lbs, and is somewhere between 16-19 inches long (it varies depending on what book I'm reading). My belly is definitely much bigger...to the point of being in the way sometimes. I've always been notoriously known for running into walls and doorways, but now I'm starting to run Bean into walls and doorways!
Movement-Same as usual...active and kicking. I'm beginning to get a little nervous because I've heard that whenever baby is most active in utero is when baby will be most active outside the womb...that would mean that I'm going to have a child that never. sleeps. ever. We shall see, I guess...the only time she's not kicking seems to be when I'm teaching at the studio.
Sleep-I go back and forth between getting a good nights sleep and not sleeping so well. Most nights are ok...rolling from one side to the other is starting to get difficult, mostly because of the strain on my pelvis though, not because I'm uncomfortable.
Feeling-Honestly, it's been a really rough weekend. My mentor, former studio owner, teacher, and second mom passed away last Friday (part of the reason this blog is being published late). Eric and I spent the weekend in Monterey, which helped take my mind off of things a little...but then the studio opened today for fall classes. Not easy to go in and teach knowing that the person who taught you much of what you know is no longer around. Services are going to be Saturday...it's going to be such a flashback of memories. More selfishly, I'm feeling sad that Miss Joy will never get the opportunity to meet baby girl and share in the joy that she's going to bring to my life.
What I miss-Miss Joy...enough said.
What I am looking forward to-Looking forward to both my baby showers for the studio and the family in the next two weeks. Not looking forward to the funeral the day before the studio shower. Looking forward to hearing about babies being born at the end of this month (Alanna, Erica, Abby, Debbie), but not looking forward to the anxiety it might bring me knowing my own daughter is only a month away from her own appearance. I just hope I'm ready for the next two months being such a whirl wind.
Milestone/Best moment this week-We took a baby moon/anniversary trip to Monterey and stayed at the Monterey Plaza hotel. The hotel was great...so nice and relaxing, and the view was spectacular!
To Do-Pick a pediatrician, prioritize necessary baby items for our registry completion, put up pictures in the nursery, look over and fill out a birth plan if it's needed.
Food Cravings/Aversions-Nothing new...
Bonus-Let the countdown continue...1 month, 3 weeks, and 3 days OR 7 weeks and 5 days OR 54 more days!
| The plaza:) |
| View from our room...with room service breakfast! |

No comments:
Post a Comment