Monday, September 24, 2012

35/35!!!


How far along-For those of you that don't know, the title reflects that we are 35 weeks along, and have only 35 more days to go! It seems like I've waited forever for this day to get here...yet, at the same time, I can't believe how fast this day has come. It seems impossible to me that our excitement over becoming pregnant was already over 7 months ago. I can't believe that in a mere month, we will be able to hold our baby girl in our arms, and we'll finally be a family of 3!
Weight Gain-According to the scale this week, I just hit the 20 pound mark...hard for me to believe because I feel so absolutely humongous! We'll see what the doctor scale says at our appoint tomorrow;)
Baby Size-Bean is the size of a coconut this week. She can measure anywhere between 17 and 19 inches long, weighing somewhere between 4 1/2 to almost 6 pounds! According to the bump website, she's done with most of her growing lengthwise, but still has another pound or so to gain in baby fat before she makes her debut. I'm really hoping for my sake then, that right now baby girl is closer to the 5 pound range than the 6 pound range.

Movement-Still kicking up a storm! Although her kicks and movements now are different...before they were more like sharp, jabs, like an actual karate kick...now when she moves, it's more like a rolling sensation, like she's trying to push out as hard as she can to pop this bubble she's in. It reminds me of a scene in the movie "40 year old virgin"...I'll save you the details though;)
Sleep-...eh ok. Not much to say here really...still getting up every couple hours, starting to get more uncomfortable, and harder to find comfortable positions. I expect this is all normal for being 8 months preggo.
Feeling-A little anxious, and little nervous...anxious to meet this little girl kicking and jumping around inside of me, nervous about everything I'm going to be responsible for once she gets here. I'm really hoping I can get the majority of stuff done that I want to get done before she gets here, but we shall see...like I said last week, the list keeps getting longer and longer...
What I miss-Being able to get up and down from sitting or lying down without losing my breath. Most of the time baby girl is low enough that she doesn't bother me, but after sitting, she gets pushed right up into my ribs. Exerting the energy to stand up takes a lot out of me.
What I am looking forward to-The beginning of October (next week)...so I can finally say I'm due at the end of this month. Once we hit October, it's all going to get really real...like I need to have my bags packed and everything ready type of real.
Milestone/Best moment this week-We had our 4d ultrasound last week...one of the coolest things we've done so far. We definitely got confirmation that this thing inside of me is indeed a girl (saw her lady bits to prove it even) and got to see her play around a little in utero. She was trying to play shy and wouldn't put her arm down so we could get a completely clear shot of her face, but we were able to see quite a bit, including a moment where she grabbed her foot and kicked herself in the head! She's stretching for those big kicks already:)
To Do-Install car seats, put the pack n play up in our room to see how the cats react, look at my SDI paperwork, gather recital music to bring to classes over the next two weeks, finish washing and putting clothes away, get crib sheets and some other last minute things to be fully prepared for this little one, write thank you cards (my goal is to have them all completed and mailed before she gets here...whether that means I do 5 ever day, or all at once)...they WILL. get. done!
Food Cravings/Aversions-Same same here...
Bonus-Countdown...1 month and 4 days OR 5 weeks OR 35 days OR 818 hours!
Some pictures from our ultrasound...
Looks like she's having a party in there!
Playing shy...
More shy girl...
A foot...with 5 little toes!


No comments:

Post a Comment