Tuesday, October 9, 2012

37 weeks!


How far along-37 weeks exactly...that means we're full term! 259 days along, only 21 more to go:)
Weight Gain-So last week was not a fluke as I hoped it would be...or maybe the week before that was a fluke, I don't know. Let's just say my total weight gain is hovering right around the 30 pound mark. I was hoping to stay closer to 20 or 25, but in the grand scheme of things, not too shabby.
Baby Size-Bean is the size of a winter melon this week...a what?!? I've never heard of one either, but that's what the bump compares her too. Kind of looks like a big version of a cucumber if you ask me. There's a big spread in how much she could possibly weigh, as well as how long she is...anywhere from 6-9 lbs and 19-21 inches. I read somewhere that Bean can still gain up to a half an ounce a day until she's born. No guess from the doctor on approximately how much she weighs...I'm hoping it's closer to 6 lbs right now, than 9...eeks!

Movement-Still moving around...it's like she can't run out of room! Or she is running out of room, but loves to move around so much, she'll fight for whatever room she can get. My doctor keeps asking if I've noticed any change in movement, or slow down in movement...and my answer is always, nope, she's definitely active! Sometimes I feel like she's using my uterus as a punching bag...who knows? Maybe she'll grow up to be a boxer??
Sleep-Still ok...still waking up about every 2 hours to go to the bathroom. I find that when I do wake up now, it's less like being half asleep and able to go back to bed easily...and more like I'm actually awake and could function right then and there. A couple times over the last week, I've had to sit up in bed and then force myself to lie back down. Also, I've fallen asleep sitting up in bed while reading I think every night for the past 3 weeks? It's like I can't go to bed normally anymore.
Feeling-I think I've felt every emotion under the sun in the past week. I've been scared of the unknown, sad about leaving my dancers and classes, excited to have a little break and relax before baby gets here, nervous about being away and bringing a human into the world, anxious to meet this little human growing inside of me...just everything. And feeling opposite feelings at the same time too. Mostly, I'm feeling more ready than ever to be a mom and go through the millions of emotions, trials and tribulations that that brings. With the heat last week, and feeling more like we have things ready around the house...I think I'm ready...we're ready to have this baby. I'm hoping she gives a few days off from work, but I'm hoping she comes early!
What I miss-Eating whatever I want...I can't tell you how many times a tuna or turkey sandwich has presented itself to me over the past week and I've had to turn it away. I've been eating so much junk food lately and I feel like I'm eating the same things over and over, day after day...it'd be nice to go back to tuna and turkey. Only a few more weeks left...
What I am looking forward to-Being on maternity leave! I'm looking forward to just concentrating on baby stuff, and not having to rush off to teach class or rehearsal. I'm looking forward to catching up on some much needed tv time. And I'm looking forward to taking a nap at 4pm, while I still can;)
Milestone/Best moment this week-My best moment was lame...it was honestly just making it to the weekend so I could sleep in. Reaching the full term mark doesn't hurt either!
To Do-I'm trying to cut my list down little by little...so last week, I took 3 things that needed to get done and did them. This week, I will read over my SDI forms and figure out how and when to submit them, I will pack my hospital bag (for the most part), and I will do some artsy project for baby girl's room that I've been wanted to do. If I can accomplish just those 3 things this week, then I'll be in good shape...and I'll have a lot more time next week (assuming baby doesn't come super early) to get the rest of the stuff on my list done:)
Food Cravings/Aversions-Same as usual...
Bonus-Just our countdown this week again...3 weeks OR 21 days OR 504 hours left to go until Bean's due date...even though I'm hoping she'll come much sooner;)

No comments:

Post a Comment