How far along-39 weeks exactly today...although we're at the end of the day, so let's just say we're 39 weeks and 1 day along:)
Weight Gain-Unfortunately, still gaining...I've consistently gained about two pounds a week for the last 3 weeks. My total weight gain is now somewhere closer to 35 lbs...not the 25 lbs I was hoping it would be:(
Baby Size-Bean has now made it to be the size of a watermelon...hopefully a small one! She weighs somewhere between 6 and 9 pounds, and measures somewhere between 19 and 21 inches...just like last week. She's just about outgrown what little room she has left in my belly, but for some reason, has not given me any indication that she has any intention of coming out anytime soon:(
Movement-Still pretty good! We had a slow day last week where I was actually a little worried because I didn't feel baby girl kick as much...did my kick counts and she hit 10 kicks within 20 minutes so no problem. The next day, she was back to throwing a party in my belly. I told her today (because she's been moving around so much) that there's way more room on the outside for her to move around then there is inside my belly. It's time for her to make her appearance!
Sleep-Not too bad. Still waking up every couple hours or so, but I find I can sleep pretty much at any given point in the day. Much of that probably has to do with being on leave, and my to do list getting shorter and shorter...but I'm amazed at how much I can sleep and still be tired. I know I should enjoy all the sleep I'm getting now because I most likely will not get any once baby girl is here, but I just feel lazy...I'm so used to going all the time, that just sitting around the house, watching tv makes me feel so unaccomplished.
Feeling-Ready to rock and roll over here. I've been on leave for a week and like I said above, my to do list is getting shorter and shorter. I've only got a few more little things to do that I really wanted taken care of before baby gets here...and they're not done yet because she's showed no signs of making an appearance...I'm trying to spread everything out so I don't get bored by the end of this week. The swelling in my legs and feet has gone down quite a bit since the weather has been much cooler over the past couple days...I can actually point my toes now! Just having a few minor cramps here and there and a lot of pressure put on my bladder...I sort of wish I could just walk around with a catheter attached and a pee bag (as gross as that sounds) just so I don't have to keep getting up and down to make trips to the bathroom. It really is like living that dream where you repeatedly have to go to the bathroom over and over again...only I never wake up from it:(
What I miss-I miss teaching and my students...don't get me wrong, I'm glad to have a break. I really haven't had much of one for like 3 years straight. But I do miss seeing everyone at the studio. I feel kind of left out of the loop knowing that stuff is going on without me being there every day. I wanna know how watch week went, how Nutcracker rehearsals went for the first weekend, how Dynamics dances are turning out...but I don't want to seem like a nap asking everyone how everything is going. I know my assistants can handle everything, and do a fabulous job...I just miss being involved...being Miss Sara.
What I am looking forward to-Doctor appointment on Friday...and hopefully meeting this little one very, VERY soon!!
Milestone/Best moment this week-Being able to sleep in and sleep whenever I want...going to the doctor last week to find out I'm 50% effaced already (when I mostly expected to have no news at all)...hoping for some progress on that at this week's appointment.
To Do-Put sheets on the pack n play, put our diaper caddies together, pack the diaper bag up...we're pretty much ready baby wise for her to be here already. Outside of baby stuff, just have to get Dynamics financials in order and submit for our non-profit status.
Food Cravings/Aversions-same story here...
Bonus-Before we get to the countdown, just want to mention that we watched the SF Giants kill the St. Louis Cardinals in game 7 of the national league championships tonight...9-0!! Can't wait to watch the Giants take on the Detroit Tigers in the World Series starting on Wednesday:)
Countdown to our due date (from right before I'm publishing this post)...6 days OR 143 hours OR 8,600 minutes OR 516,500 (ish) seconds!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment