Tuesday, October 30, 2012

40 weeks...our due date!


How far along-40 weeks (plus some hours since I'm posting so late at night)...our estimated due date was today! Time for this little girl to make an appearance!
Weight Gain-Nothing gained in the past week...thank the lord! Actually, according to my doctor charts, at my last appointment, Nurse Gladys mentioned that I lost weight:) I laugh every time she weighs me though because my appointments are always at different times of the day...my weight fluctuates so much during the day, it's so hard to tell how much I've gained or lost from week to week. At least with weighing myself at home, I've been consistent in weighing in every Sunday morning before having anything to eat for the day. Total weight gain is somewhere between 30 and 35 pounds...not too shabby for a first pregnancy!
Baby Size-Bean (if we can call her that anymore) is now the size of a jackfruit...another one of those WHA??? fruits:) She should be full grown and ready to come out...somewhere between 6 and 9 lbs (hopefully closer to 6 or 7!) and measuring somewhere between 20 and 22 inches long. Even though I haven't gained any weight this week, I'm sure Bean has...which makes me a little nervous about the longer she stays in my belly, the bigger she's going to get. Hoping she comes soon!!

Movement-I think I'm finally starting to see a pattern of this little girl slowing down. The past couple days she's been pretty calm and quiet...I've actually had to do my kick counts a couple times to make sure everything was ok in there. Maybe she's finally running out of room! Not that I want her to suffocate in there or anything...I just feel that the more room she has and the more comfortable she is, the longer she's going to stay inside...and I want her out!
Sleep-mostly fine. Some nights are better than others in terms of getting up to go to the bathroom. I'm still able to find a certain amount of comfortable-ness, although it takes me longer to get comfy once I do lie down. Another point, I thought I was a night owl before? I can't seem to get my brain to shut down and go to sleep earlier than 1 or 2am! I fall asleep sitting up most nights because of my heartburn...I want that nexium to take effect! I can't seem to wake up earlier than 10ish every morning either...at least I have that luxury right now:)
Feeling-Let's get this show on the road! That pretty much sums up how I've been feeling for a few weeks now...just anxious to meet this little bean!

...Had to put the computer down last night because I kept falling asleep while typing:(...plus I was having an issue with pictures. This is the continuation from last night's post...

I've been very frustrated today...not quite sure why. I think it's more of a hopeless feeling...I've been walking, bouncing on my exercise ball, doing whatever I can think of (almost) to get labor going....and nothing! I've been having a lot more braxton hicks contractions, but nothing that feels even remotely close to a real contraction. Possibly I felt something today...possibly. But nothing consistent...I just feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever! And I know that's not the case either, because by next week at this time, I will probably have been induced and have a wonderful baby girl in my arms...but until then, it sure as darn well feels like I'm going to be pregnant FOREVER! And I understand everyone around me is excited for Bean to come, but I am getting overly annoyed with everyone asking me every 5 seconds if anything is happening. Trust me, when something is actually happening, I will be screaming it out to the world! This feeling is a combination of frustration, uncomfortable-ness, hopelessness, feeling emotional and bored, and just plain being tired. I've tried to explain how I'm feeling to Eric, but how am I supposed to make him understand what it's like to feel all that and carry a bowling ball around in your stomach? while trying NOT to pee your pants?
What I miss-Being able to hold my bladder for longer than 5 minutes...that will go back to normal after this baby is born, right?
What I am looking forward to-This baby girl being born!!! Really there is NOTHING I am looking forward to more at this point...not Halloween, not my doc appointment, just getting this baby OUT!
Milestone/Best moment this week-This past week has been a blur...I think just reaching 40 weeks is great! The SF Giants did win the World Series on Sunday night...that was exciting to watch! But all the while I was hoping we'd be watching them win from the hospital...
To Do-Find a last minute halloween costume??? I was hoping we'd be in the hospital, so nothing from me here. I think almost everything on my to do list is crossed off...now I'm actually looking for stuff to do to occupy my time until baby girl gets here...there is, after all, only so much tv to watch.
Food Cravings/Aversions-Same story...my dad actually cooked tri-tip at his house on Saturday while we had a little pumpkin carving party. We stopped to get me a subway sandwich just in case I didn't want to eat it and good thing. I hate to be so disgusted by what other people are eating, but I saw that piece of meat on the BBQ, and it just reminded me of a dead rat carcass:( Blech...
Bonus-Countdown....overdue!!!
Some pictures from this last week...
39w, 3d...showing quite the belly!

Comparing Bean to Pumpkins
Which one is bigger?



No comments:

Post a Comment