Sunday, April 8, 2012

11 weeks!

How far along-10 weeks, 6 days...76 days in, only 204 days more to go
Weight Gain-after weighing myself twice this morning (I had to be sure it was correct), it looks like my total weight gain so far is 5 pounds. I'm off at the studio this week, so I'll have to watch what I eat and not go snack crazy while I'm at home. I'm going to try to do a couple walks this week to make up for not moving around at the studio.
Baby Size-About 1.6 inches...roughly the size of a lime (I don't know what kind of limes these people have seen, but where I come from, limes are much bigger than an inch and a half). Weight is approximately 0.3oz.

Movement-No feeling of it yet, but we definitely saw little baby moving around a lot on the ultrasound.
Sleep-Getter better actually. I've noticed the past couple days I can sleep until about 4 or 5am without having to get up to go to the bathroom. It could be I'm drinking less water than I was a month ago, but I'm hoping it's because baby and my uterus are moving a different direction now:)
Feeling-Pretty good! Very relieved after our ultrasound and all together excited for what the next  6 1/2 months will bring us planning the nursery, furniture shopping, my belly getting bigger, etc.
What I miss-Tuna fish! I know I can still have it in small doses. Everything I've read says one serving a week won't be harmful...but I'm so used to eating it more than that:( I'm the girl that would have a tuna sandwich as backup for when I didn't know what else to eat. It's so hard keeping myself limited to once a week.
What I am looking forward to-Being completely out of the closet about being pg and posting on Facebook. I know that seems really lame, but there are several friends and acquaintances that I don't talk to on an every day basis (where a phone call to tell them would be weird) that I'm looking forward to telling finally! Plus finding out the sex of the baby on June 8th!
Milestone/Best moment this week-We have so many this week! We had our first appointment with our Ob/Gyn, and have officially graduated from the RE. Dr. Nath did an ultrasound to make sure baby is growing as it should, and we were able to HEAR the heartbeat! 180 bpm, holy cow...it was amazing! Unfortunately, Eric and I were both so entranced by hearing the heartbeat, we forgot to take any video this time. I just want to hear that little "thump, thump" over and over again! We have a plan for scheduled visits with our Ob for the next 7 or so months, and went over a lot of information that we'll need to think about before baby comes. We have our next visit scheduled for May 4th, and then our big anatomy scan scheduled for June 8th!! My aunt was over at our house yesterday because my mom was helping her with her taxes, and we were able to tell her the good news and show her ultrasound pictures. Also, I've been able to tell a select couple of classes at the studio that are near and dear to my heart...so we're slowly coming more and more out of the closet:) I have one more college friend to tell over the phone this week and then I make the big announcement to the dance team at Friday's rehearsal.
To Do-I feel like there are a million things to do on the "to do" list, but most of them aren't urgent. I still have to purchase some be bands from Target.com...and possibly get some maternity jeans if that bands don't work all that well. I can still fit in most of my clothes pretty well right now, but I know that will change quickly.
Food Cravings/Aversions-Still craving ice cream and fries...I could eat either of those all day, any day. Probably not so good for weight gain, but it tastes SOOO good!
Bonus-A picture from our latest ultrasound. I love how baby is really starting to look like a baby...you can see hands and feet, and even make out a few of the baby's facial features. I can't wait to see how big he or she is at our next ultrasound!
10w2d ultrasound

No comments:

Post a Comment