Before I get to the usual stuff, I wanted to write a bit more about what's going on in my brain. Eric and I have been thinking a lot about baby...whether it will be a boy or girl, what color hair and eyes it will have, whether it is growing healthily. I wonder who baby will take after more in terms of personality? Will she want to dance if it's a girl? Will he want to play sports if it's a boy? or the opposite even? So many questions that I can't wait to have answered!
I also can't believe we're at the end of the first trimester. Where did the last 3 months go? I feel like we just found out we were pregnant yesterday, and all of a sudden, we're almost a third of the way in. I can only imagine how fast the rest of the pregnancy is going to go. I totally had a surreal moment at work the other day. I was writing the date that a contact lens expired, which happened to be 6 months from that date. The expiration date was October 4th...and all of a sudden it hit me! That's my due date month...we only have 6 1/2 months to get ready for this little one...
How far along-12 weeks and 1 day, almost 3 months!
Weight Gain-up 6.6 lbs...last week was a bad week with all the rain. I wasn't able to get out and go for walks at all, plus with the studio not being open, I literally sat in front of my computer and worked like a dog for 3 days straight. I'm definitely feeling the chub this week!
Baby Size-about 2 1/2 inches crown to rump length, or the size of a plum. Baby weighs about 1/2 an ounce this week.
Movement-nope
Sleep-I feel like I've been waking up less, but with the stress I'm under, the amount of time I'm sleeping is less. I've been feeling pretty exhausted lately:(
Feeling-Stressed, tired, chubby, forgetful, kind of all around cranky, my emotions are definitely getting the better of me lately. I don't know if hormones are a surging again, or what's going on...but I've felt more sick (like nauseous) in the past week or so, then I've felt all trimester. It's a good thing that I haven't been feeling very sick up until now...I can't imagine feeling like this (or worse) for 12 whole weeks!
What I miss-Tuna till...it's been hard to find stuff for lunches with only being able to eat tuna once a week, and even my backup sandwich (turkey) is not good for me because it's deli meat. I also miss feeling comfortable in jeans. Because of my pudge, I think I've seen the last days of my belt until after baby is born.
What I am looking forward to-Our NT scan tomorrow and getting to see baby again. I'm a little nervous, hoping that everything is as it should be, but am trying not to worry too much. I'm also looking forward to outing myself on Facebook...I know, lame. I got this cute picture idea to post with Eric and me in our shoes, along with a pair of baby shoes right beside us. The caption will read "Our family is growing by two feet".
Milestone/Best moment this week-Finally being out and open with all my close friends and telling the dance team. I think I freaked a couple of them out by telling them I was going to be taking a break from teaching...but they were all so excited for us.
To Do-Buy bella bands from target so I can still wear my jeans, look into new bras (people weren't kidding about the size of the boob swell), buy a pair or two of maternity pants.
Food Cravings/Aversions-Nothing really this week...ice cream is still up there. Maybe I'm not getting enough calcium???
Bonus-I wish I had our shoe picture taken already...maybe next week!

No comments:
Post a Comment