Monday, April 23, 2012

13 weeks!

We are officially through the first trimester and into the second! I cannot believe we are a third of the way through already...it really has gone fast.

How far along-13 weeks exactly, also 3 months exactly!
Weight Gain-I didn't gain a single ounce in the past week! My total weight gain so far is about 6 1/2 lbs...not too bad I hope. I know the next 6 months are going to be crazy in terms of weight...I just hope I'm able to control any cravings so it doesn't pile on too fast:/
Baby Size-Somewhere between 2 1/2 to 3 inches from crown to rump...or about the size of a peach. Baby weighs somewhere between 1/2 to 3/4 of an ounce.

Movement-not yet, but looking forward to feeling something in the next month or so!
Sleep-It's been ok...I've had really bad allergies, or swollen sinuses, or something for the past couple weeks. By the time I wake up to go to the bathroom for the second time of the night (about 4 or 5am), I can't breathe all that well. This morning I woke up and was completely stuffed up. It makes getting ready for work in the morning quite unpleasant too. So I know I'm sleeping, i just don't know that the quality of sleep I'm getting is all that great...
Feeling-Excited for the next 6 months...for my belly to start to show, to plan the nursery out, to find out if we're having a little boy or girl! Now that we're through the first trimester, I finally feel a little more at ease and comfortable with talking about being pregnant with people. It's like the worry part of me is relaxing somewhat and looking forward to the future...I'm able to enjoy being pregnant more:) I am feeling a little chunky though...like of the 6 1/2 lbs I've gained, it's all in my spare tire mid section. I can't wait to be out of this in between stage, so people don't just think I'm getting fat;)
What I miss-Tuna fish still, and turkey sandwiches, and strawberries and bananas...pretty much everything that I'm supposed to stay away from right now. I miss being able to go a couple hours in the morning without eating...now I have to eat as soon as I can after taking my thyroid medication, otherwise I start to feel queasy. And as embarrassing as this is, I miss fitting into my bra! I swear my twins are still growing?!?
What I am looking forward to-Announcing to all the classes I teach at the studio that we're expecting...our next Ob appointment...our next ultrasound...feeling baby move. Pretty much everything that is supposed to happen over the next 6-7 weeks!
Milestone/Best moment this week-I posted pictures up on Facebook and made it "Facebook official" that we're expecting. It's been so fun to see all the comments and people supporting us! See our official announcement photo below:)
To Do-Still need those bellabands...I think I might actually start using them soon. We need to look into childbirth classes through our doctor and/or hospital. I keep thinking in my head that it's way too early to think about these things, but most places recommend you take classes around 25-30 weeks...that's only a few months away!
Food Cravings/Aversions-Nothing really at the moment.
Bonus-A few pictures from the past week, including our Facebook announcement photo, ultrasound pictures, and a belly (not much to show yet) photo of me...
"Facebook official"-Our family is growing by two feet<3

From our NT scan on Wednesday, April 18

Another from our NT scan

Taken Sunday, April 22...12w6d


No comments:

Post a Comment